Monday, August 27, 2012

LOVE panel

Another UFO done!  This was a panel I bought several years ago, along with the coordinating fabric, after seeing the sample in a store.  It ended up bigger than I thought it would, about 40" x 50".  I quilted it with just a general meandering pattern, and did the binding tonight.  Overall I'm happy with how it came out, save the binding finishing.  I'm still trying to work on my machine binding as it is SO much faster than doing it by hand, but I have yet to get really spectacular results by machine.  It's frustrating, and my standards are high because I can get it to look really nice when I do it by hand.

IMG_8912

Here's the current 12 in 2012 UFO list and progress.  Red is what I did tonight.
London Blue afghan (not a quilt but a UFO)
Black & white b-day blocks quilt (finish piecing, quilt, make binding, bind)
2008 signature swap blocks quilt (finish piecing, quilt, make binding, bind)
Christmas stars quilt (quilt, make binding, bind)
Jungle quilt (quilt, make binding, bind)
Red, white, and blue batik quilt (add border?, quilt, make binding, bind)
Valentine charm pack quilt (add border, quilt, bind)
Valentine panel quilt (add borders, quilt, make binding, bind)
Yellow Brick Road quilt (finish binding)
First Hawaiian applique (finish quilting, make into pillow cover or mini quilt - if so, add make binding + bind)
Finish our Christmas stockings (!!) (not quilting, but still a UFO)
Make a pillow with the embroidered butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment