Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun stuff!

I'm not at home this weekend, but I wanted to put up a quick post about fun quilty stuff from this week! I'll post pictures in a few days, maybe Sunday night.

I need to check my mail more often - I got a surprise package from Toni! She had been collecting lots of cute flamingo things, and packaged them up just for me! Thank you thank you! I have no idea how long they were in my mailbox, as I'm bad about going to get the snail mail unless I know something is coming. :D

I went to my sewing bee last night. There was a lady who was a dear friend of one of my bee-mates who recently passed away, and the lady's daughter asked Mary to clear out the woman's quilting room. Mary said there was TONS and TONS of fabric, and she brought a boatload of it to bee last night. We picked out the red, white, and blue fabrics for some Quilts of Valor, as well as some cute juvenile fabrics for baby bundles. After that, it turned free for all. I got probably twenty yards of fabric...free!

I took Jöran in today for his tune-up and bath. :D While I was there, Amber, the girl who sold me my machine, said, "Oh my gosh! I was thinking about you just two days ago, and your group of young quilters that you get together with. Rafaelle here is learning to quilt, and would probably be interested." Raff and I hit it off instantly, and she's super excited about coming to Squad. She's working on her first quilt, a Stack-n-Whack, and is also interested in dyeing fabric. We exchanged information, so I'm going to do my part to keep in touch! Yay for new quilty friends. :D

1 comment:

  1. well, I didn't want to "tell" you it was coming, it was a surprise :) but yah, it was sitting there for a wee bit :)

    Yah for free fabric, while I'm sorry for the loss again this is why it's important to do a will for our quilting items. I know I want my stuff to go to my friends who would enjoy the most of them.

    YAH for new friends. Hopefully Joran will be home soon!

    I'm sorry it took so long for me to check - it was definitely a surprise! :D I usually get the mail every few days, as we don't get much, but it's been a bit crazy the last week or so, AND we were out of town. Ah well.

    Mary said that she knew the lady would want it given away to be used, but wouldn't care WHO it went to so long as it was used and appreciated. She apparently did a lot of charity quilts, which is part of the reason we picked out the baby bundles and QOV stuff first. I myself have stacks of fabric for three different baby bundle quilts.

    I hope it doesn't take too long for my machine - they said it could take up to two weeks! At least I have my old Singer, but it's not the same. :( I'm sure they'll treat Jöran well, though!

    ReplyDelete